The Retail Affluent (RA) cluster is responsible for Sanlam’s retail business in South Africa. RA provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions. These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health and fiduciary services. Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs.
As a company we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. Sanlam is committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
- Manages the Corporate Social Investment and manage all the projects and liaise with beneficiaries and external partners.
- Managing the development of weekly/quarterly/annual performance reports for Business Shared Services Management team.
- Facilitating cross-functional performance reports and updates (reviews), in order for the business leadership to effectively plan various activities of their operations.
- Responsible for the development of quarterly/annual risk reports for Business Shared Services management.
- Assists managers in driving and optimizing improvement of key value levers that will give the business a sustainable competitive advantage. (Cost savings and value optimization)
- Plan and co-ordinate the hybrid way of work facilities e.g. computing, connectivity and other equipment.
- Maintain and manages the business’ the Asset Register.
- Bringing together crucial information such as operational performance, Financials, etc., from various sources in order to ensure delivery on
- Operational actions and to support the Financial Manager.
- Actively assist the Financial Manager in the preparation and monitoring of Business Shared Services budget.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate Business Shared Services risk assessments and Reviews, with regular updates that are facilitated with the business leaders.
- Assess performance of various activities such as Automation and Technology advancements that are facilitated in Business Shared Services and liaise with various project teams to ensure accuracy of information
- Analyze the impact of process changes on the capacity requirements of the business.
- Analyze the business events against capacity requirements and the associated costings (Monitors the application of the Capacity Planning Model)
- Support the Financial Manager and Head: Business Transformation and Strategy with gathering and reporting on the Business unit’s Scorecards.
- Facilitate, analyze and report on business performance objectives against business plans and budget.
- Manage, facilitate and coordinate all business activities that requires interaction with Corporate facilities.
- Manage the Information Technology business related activities with other relevant departments.
- Have good project management skills
- B Com: Business Management (Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or a related field)
- At least 6 years’ experience in the financial industry, with at least 3 years at a management level.
- Possess good leadership abilities
- Communicates (written and verbal skills) effectively with all parties
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Have good financial management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville
Application Deadline: N/A