We have an exciting new opportunity to join our Tu Clothing team as a Buyer on Nightwear! Our Buying teams on Tu Clothing are key to delivering our ‘brands that deliver’ strategy. We’re a friendly team who love all things fashion! Our buying teams are responsible for delivering our exciting and ambitious growth plans, offering our customers a great range of products, at a great price, through our multi-channel business.
- Alongside Merchandising, agree category promotional and events annual plan to maximise customer and commercial metrics.
- Develop and deliver the range proposition partnering with Merchandising, Global Design, Technical and Global Sourcing to differentiate us vs. the Market. Present to Senior Buyer & Buying Manager for sign off.
- Review customer, market and competitor analysis to make category level decisions and build the category strategy, proposition and plan.
- Work with Global Sourcing to build strong supplier relationships with DI/DS suppliers. Lead on DDP supplier communication and relationships.
- Work closely with Global Design and Technical to agree product proposition, product requirements, target price & margin framework and quality architecture.
- Review ongoing product performance for categories within remit working closely with Merchandising, Technical, Global Sourcing and Global Design.
- Prepare for regular CRM and Trade meetings by providing commentary and analysis and be an expert in your category market.
- Support Senior Buyer to compile Range Strategy and input to Range Framework, lead on product proposition for your own area of responsibility.
- Own product pricing and build clear Price architecture frameworks for your area of responsibility.
- Beyond own ranges develop knowledge of wider category to support and where necessary deputise for Senior Buyer.
- Input into development of channel strategy at category level, working with Digital.
- Ability to gain commitment from other functions in the business that enable you to execute your strategic plan, role modelling positive and agile ways of working.
- A strategic thinker, who puts the customer at the heart of decision-making, striking the balance between driving business metrics & longer-term objectives, based on optimising the balance of data, multiple perspectives and own intuition.
- Buying experience working in the Clothing, Jewellery & Watches markets.
- Strong financial and commercial awareness built in a trading retail environment.
- Broad understanding of the UK retail market, constantly open to seeking new opportunities that create competitive advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A