As the Senior Operational Communications Manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing a team of communicators and a framework of operational / instructional communications that ensures all our colleagues have the information they need to do their jobs and can deliver a busy programme of activity in store. You will work closely with our Store Operations team and other stakeholders across the business to make sure that our communications are simple, effective and support managers to plan and deliver operational priorities.
- Lead the ongoing work to simplify and improve our operational communications, with the aim of enabling our store leaders to land operational changes brilliantly and to spend more time on the shop floor with their colleagues and customers.
- Be responsible for our Operational Resilience Processes, making sure our tools are fit for purpose in a crisis and the wider team are trained.
- Support / deputise for the Head of Internal Communications: Business during Operational Resilience situations and create effective communication plans that provide clarity and support great leadership
- Work closely with the Store Operations Activity Planning and Retail Governance teams to coordinate operational communications, ensuring store colleagues have the right information when they need it. Act as the gatekeeper to manage volumes and flow of communication and ensure it’s as targeted and relevant as possible.
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of six colleagues, who are responsible for advising on, planning and co-ordinating all operational / instructional comms across all areas of the business, including stores and store support centres.
- Ensure that all our operational communications have a clear strategic narrative that helps colleagues understand the role they – and a particular activity – play in delivering our strategic objectives. Identify opportunities to use operational messaging as proof points for wider colleague engagement and work with the wider Internal Communications team to support building that into campaigns and leadership messaging.
- Ability to build strong relationships within a broad range of stakeholders – including to ensure individual projects sit within a broader narrative and plan
- Experience of leading and developing high performing teams
- Excellent judgement and strong attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of the retail industry
- Experience of large, complex and multi-location organisations, operating in rapidly changing markets
- Highly organised and proactive – able to juggle and prioritise a busy agenda and respond calmly and quickly to changing situations and a level of ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A