SABC is the hub of entertainment, News, and information to Millions of South Africans. Our Vision is to become the leading, credible voice and face of the nation and continent. We have an exciting opportunity available for fourteen Technical Graduates to join our Technology RRTO team.
Internships at SABC aim to provide students with an opportunity to work with our internal clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
The purpose of this 12 months graduate programme is to provide effective & efficient support of technology, operations and resources to install, sustain and provide administration of broadcast systems/ facilities, equipment, servers and networks in order to ensure optimum, functional, secure and available facilities/ equipment for SABC Technology. The successful interns will be placed in different provinces as indicated above.
- Assist with asset management tracking and transfers.
- Assist with repairs and maintenance of equipment in line with SABC technical & operational broadcast standards
- Adhere to service delivery standards of the Division.
- Submission of ad-hoc incidence fault reports with findings and repairs.
- Prevention of on-air technical faults to less than agreed SLA percentage
- Response time to match urgency for technical assistance in accordance with delivery requirements (in support of ‘on air’ systems)
- Effective technical support to users in order to reduce downtime.
- Correct configuration & testing of digital equipment to ensure no technical on-air faults.
- Ensure functional, streamlined and reliable digital systems.
- Follow up reported faults.
- Daily/ Monthly proactive system health checks against checklist & replacement of faulty components
- Report and escalate risks
- 3-year National Diploma (S4/T3) in Electrical Engineering (Light Current, Communications, Computer Studies or Information Systems/ Technology/ Electronics) (NQF6)
- BTech for the Electrical Engineering for the above formal qualification an advantage
- Driver’s License advantageous.
- IT Network knowledge Essential. Computer literate (A+) and Network knowledge (N+)
- IT Network knowledge advantage CISCO CCNA (ICDN1 +ICDN2) certified.
- Physical attributes: Excellent hearing and eyesight (no colour blindness). Physically able.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team and lead the team if required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Port Elizabeth
Application Deadline: N/A