SABC is the hub of entertainment, News, and information to Millions of South Africans. Our Vision is to become the leading, credible voice and face of the nation and continent. We have an exciting opportunity available for Twelve Sound Engineering Graduates to join our Technology RRTO team.
Internships at SABC aim to provide students with an opportunity to work with our internal clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
The purpose of this 12 months graduate programme is to provide operational support to Broadcast Clients (internal and external) in order setup/prepare/record and playout of broadcast material in support of all platforms with expected standards and available facilities/ equipment. The successful interns will be placed in different provinces as indicated above.
- Execute operational production requirements.
- Assist in operating facility equipment.
- Mic placements as per SOP.
- Assist to record drama productions with FX, music and different audio streams.
- Assist in recordings in accordance with customer requirements and broadcast standards.
- Assist in monitoring of sound quality during recordings to ensure compliance with broadcast standards.
- Assist in monitoring for schedule changes as per customer request.
- Assist in monitorig sound/video quality to broadcast standards.
- Record distributions in line with archiving best practice.
- Setup mix-minus.
- Operating digital playout systems.
- Basic Audio/Visual manipulation of final mix, performed in accordance with customer requirements & broadcast standards (if necessary).
- On time delivery of production material, within scope & within specifications
- Report and escalate risk findings.
- Sound Engineering Certificate (1 year & above) or Film/Video Technology or Relevant Qualification.
- Advantage: Sound Engineering Diploma (3 years) (NQF Level 6).
- Driver’s License will be advantageous.
- Physical attributes: Excellent hearing and eyesight (no colour blindness). Physically able.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team and lead the team if required.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A