Website South African Post Office - SAPO
The Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies invites applications from interested and suitably qualified persons to fill vacancies of Non-Executive Directors of the South African Post Office (SAPO) in terms of section 11 of the SAPO Act, 2011 (Act No. 22 of 2011), as amended.
SAPO is a State-Owned Company (SOC), mandated by the Postal Services Act No. 124 of 1998 to provide reserved postal services and financial services. This Act also makes provision for the regulation of postal services and the operational functions of the entity, including its Universal Service Obligations (USO).
To fulfil the objectives of the company, there is a need to obtain a mixed set of competencies, experiences, and skills to strengthen and further enhance the delivery of the overall functions of the Board.
The applicants must be people with a high degree of integrity, honesty, transparency, ethical leadership, professional competence, and due care, confidentiality, accountability and must understand the public sector governance and legislative requirements.
The potential candidates must have proven skills, knowledge, qualifications, and experience that would add value to the
Company, and are suitable to serve on the Board by virtue of their qualifications and experience in any of the following disciplines:-
- Logistics Management
- Postal Services Management
- Information Technology and related fields
- Business, Corporate Management and Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management
- Finance, Investment Management, and Accounting-related fields
- Legal/ Law and Governance
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of Board experience and at least 8 years experience at an Executive or Senior Management role in the logistics or related environment.
- Applicants must have a degree, a post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage
Company: South African Post Office – SAPO
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A