Website South African Post Office - SAPO
Responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive, measurable, strategic internal and external communication & marketing strategies to meet Postbank’s objectives.
- Formulate, develop and implement the communications and marketing strategies in alignment with Postbank’s strategy in support of the entire business, including corporate marketing and communications objectives as well as products and services promotions to support the long term revenue growth of the company
- Introduce best practice interventions with regard to communications and marketing in line with leading international and domestic benchmarks
- Plans and directs marketing and communication programmes that effectively promote Postbank’s brand in line with stakeholder intelligence and reputation management strategies
- Direct Postbank’s efforts with regard to media relations, all events, public information, public affairs, publications, community relation, etc. to create opportunities for building the reputation of the organization, including Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Manage the advertising, media and promotions agencies to ensure effectiveness and efficiency usage of marketing communications resources
- Responsible for Postbank’s brand image, brand performance and brand enhancement to ensure effective internal and external stakeholder management relationships by aggressively pursuing external branding partnerships that will benefit the organisation financially
- Ensure the efficient management, control and compliance of the function / resources in accordance with the stipulations of the PFMA, fraud prevention and risk management principles, corporate governance, legislation, agreements, company policies, practices, procedures, regulations, Delegation of Authority, etc.
- Business Acumen (with knowledge of the business-value role of communication & marketing)
- Stakeholder management planning
- Influencing and Negotiation skills. Financial Management skills, i.e. budgeting, cost benefit analysis and business case development. Advanced verbal and written communication, presentation and selling skills. Conceptualisation and integration skills. Decision making skills. Change management. Ability to analyse complex problem situations and design effective remedial solutions. Planning, coordination & implementation skills. Accurate numerical computations, analytical and overall quantitative skills. Developing and delivering business strategy (Marketing and Communications Strategy). Developing and delivering Marketing and Communications plans. Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills. High level of emotional intelligence. Business Intelligence/Organisational awareness. Adaptability to change. Effective Communication. Learning Agility. Initiative, creativity and Innovation. Critical Thinking. Cross Cultural Awareness and sensitivity.
- Applicable Post Graduate qualification (NQF 8) in Marketing/ Communication/ Public Relations. An MBA/MBL or other masters will be an added advantage.
- Decision Making. Knowledge Management. Managing and developing others. Relationship Building. Resilience. Strategic Thinking. Customer and Client Orientation.
- Strategy development and implementation
- Customer centricity mechanisms
- At least 10 – 15 years’ experience in a communication/marketing environment of which 5 years on senior managerial level.
Company: South African Post Office – SAPO
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A