The person in this position operates various counting, labeling, bagging and packing machines as he/she prepares shipments and moves product to warehouse for storage.
- Sets up and runs automatic bagging equipment.
- Adjusts or resets machine settings as necessary.
- Sample inspects every pan or box of parts to detect improper tagging or mixed parts.
- Fills out associated paperwork.
- Working from shipping order, obtains parts from stock or warehouse, counts, weighs, and packs parts in proper quantities and in proper shipping containers.
- Checks packed parts for count and part numbers against shipping order.
- As required, applies labels, stencils, and or marks container with quantity, part numbers, and other pertinent information.
- Packs orders for shipment through United Parcel Service, makes out necessary U.S. Postal Service and UPS records.
- Pre-packages parts and distributes to proper stocking bind, either manually or using automatic or semi-automatic packaging machines.
- Maintains inventory of finished parts.
- Insures that warehouse inventory is accurate.
- Operates material handling equipment to transport product in and out of the department.
- Detects and reports discrepancies to the Team Leader regarding parts, counts or orders.
- Tracks down missing parts, records or paperwork.
- Collaborates closely with Team Leader and other employees to transmit and exchange information pertinent to the work at hand.
- Cross-trains in other quality and/or shipping-related job duties in order to serve as back-up in those positions.
- Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
- Performs other duties as required
- The ability to stand throughout the entire shift.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. 20 to 25 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 15 pounds from waist to shoulder height up to 25 times per hour.
- Good visual acuity for detailed work. Near vision must be 20/30.
- Must be able to work in an unaired-conditioned and/or air-conditioned, well-ventilated work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Read and understand product prints, procedures and specifications.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Good organizational and task oriented skills.
- Must have high school level math skills.
- Must have basic computer skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A