Website State of Maryland
The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing mail, express packages and corporate purchasing card purchases for 950 plus employees within the Maryland Department of the Environment. The incumbent in this position will perform administrative duties within the Office of Central Services, including responding to facilities maintenance issues. This position requires certain physical demands, such as lifting 50 pounds or more and may involve inspecting issues on Montgomery Park grounds during inclement weather. The incumbent will assist with setting up tables and chairs for various events. The incumbent may also be required to remove snow on and around state vehicles.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Using scan guns, pallet jacks, tow motors, shrink wrap, box cutters, etc.
- Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
- Experience: One year of experience in administrative or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of required education.
- Candidates may substitute 90 credit hours at an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
- It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Experience operating postage machine;
- Knowledge and understanding of postage rates;
- Experience processing/sorting express, certified and US Postal mail;
- Able to transport and lift 50 lbs.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A