- Responsible for efficient and timely staging, loading and shipping of prepared mailings to guarantee proper quality and compliance with Company policy and USPS requirements.
- Properly unload trucks of incoming material. Responsible for safe operations of powered industrial equipment at all times. Load trucks with finished goods; following trailer sheets and transportation manager’s directions.
- Responsible for posting all raw materials in and out of the warehouse on the computerized tracking system.
- Additionally fulfills the duties of a Logistics Technician 1 as required.
- Forklift Operations: Performs shipping scheduling and manages daily work assignments to prioritize loads and ensure accuracy for shipment to USPS. Weighs, as required, and put in proper location all raw materials. Follows all company guidelines. Unloads trucks with raw materials in a timely and cost effective manner. Coordinates the daily work routine of shipping operations, to include procedure compliance, and material handling priorities. Performs job functions utilizing company equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. Ensures all deliveries are made in accordance with contract terms. Provides accurate route delivery information and any independent contract carrier issues. 60%
- Organizational: Works closely with machine leads and site supervision, to manage raw materials to insure continuous production of finished products. Utilizes the Oracle Transportation system to properly generate required shipping and postal documentation. Implements and maintains all components of the Postage Payment Elective agreement (PPE) to comply with Postal regulations in the shipping of standard mail. Provides material handlers with PIC list identifying location of stored client material and available locations for storage. Monitors the orderliness of the warehouse raw material storage areas and takes action as needed to maintain proper organization. Assists in the location of excess material identified by the Client Services Department. Ensures disposition of copy when the Client Services department receives the information entered. Notifies appropriate personnel if there are major variances of client copy. 25%
- Administrative: Enters receiving information into computer systems and prepare reports. Performs good housekeeping techniques at the job site areas, properly handling paper waste and debris, and the removal of all potential safety hazards from the general area. Performs complete physical inventories of material as required by procedures and prepare reports. Develops good rapport with postal personnel assigned to the facility. Provides orientation to new employees, to include safety practices training. Monitors the quality of technician reports, to include piece weights and weight verification calculations. Investigates any issues detected in these reports or other receiving documents. Responds to inquiries from other departments regarding the receipt of information on a priority basis. 15%
- Ability to use Oracle Transportation system properly.
- Knowledge of USPS shipping requirements and company transportation, production & receiving procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred.
- Advanced computer software experience.
- Communicate with other production team members.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
- 1- 3 years related experience required.
- Required Certifications/Licensures: (• Powered Industrial Truck Certification)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A