Website United States Postal Service
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation, the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding 5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only, but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S. government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
- Operates a single unit postal facility providing limited window services, mail distribution, and dispatches. Opens and closes the facility according to established procedures.
- Operates within established postal rules, laws and regulations. Resolves problems that may occur during operations and escalates issues to Administrative Post Office (APO) when appropriate.
- Ensures that proper safeguards are instituted for the welfare of customers and the protection of the mails.
- Maintains files and records and submits reports as required.
- Answers questions, provides guidance, and has regular contact with postal customers.
- Exercises protective care of accountable paper, monies, product inventory, and office supplies in accordance to Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)guidelines.
- May provide for limited city, rural and/or highway contract route delivery service to local customers.
- Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others.
- May supervise one or more employees.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving. Ability to carry out operational plans and procedures within the framework of policy. Ability to obtain and interpret relevant facts; analyze problems, complaints, and suggestions and take appropriate action or escalate, when necessary, to the Manager, Post Office Operations.
- Safety and Health. Knowledge of safety procedures needed to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained. Knowledge of procedures and techniques established to avoid injuries to self, employees (if applicable), and customers. Knowledge of normal accident prevention measures and emergency procedures.
- Customer and Community Relations. Ability to conduct operations in an attitude of responsive service to customers. Ability to present a favorable Postal Service image to the community. Ability to comprehend and communicate information, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of operating procedures and standards, postal rates and classes, and commonly encountered customer needs. Ability to sell ideas, positions, and recommendations to others. Ability to interact tactfully and relate well with others.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A