Website Stevens Institute of Technology
Act as Lead Clerk for all Stevens Post Office operations. This shall include:
- Order Stamps, money orders, and other postal supplies.
- Process UPS payments, Manage package processing and distribution.
- Direct Stevens’ Post Office staff.
Assist with the accounting processes of daily Post Office financial operations:
- Daily deposit of monies and financial reporting to main Hoboken post office.
- Business reply mail payments for the university and management.
- Postage due on incoming mail.
- Act as a liaison to departments with Business Reply mail accounts, oversee and process invoices for the same.
- Responsible for balancing and managing money kept on site. Provide accountability for main Post Office money, Stevens Institute monies that relate to on site postal operations.
- Responsible for ordering all FedEx, Stevens Post Office and other supplies for the department.
- Deposit UPS, other monies at Student Service Center located on site.
- Be responsible for assigning mailboxes for incoming Undergraduate and Graduate students.
- Be responsible for the closing of Stevens’ mailboxes when required. The Lead Mail Clerk will forward all student mail to appropriate address as required.
- Also, they will monitor Stevens’ student mail boxes to ensure they are not full to capacity.
- Contact all students who fail to retrieve mail in a timely manner. Return same as necessary.
- Email staff and students with no mail box on campus to retrieve personal packages.
- Assist all students, staff and faculty in the tracking and location of missing or misplaced packages.
- Train all Mail Clerks in postage machine operation, postal window service, ‘Arrival’ package chain of custody system, and oversee assignment of student mailboxes.
- Assist in the operation of the Receiving Area.
- Oversee package and parcel deliveries, routing packages to the correct recipients, ensuring that packages are correctly delivered and inspecting item for safe delivery to Stevens.
- Scanning and processing packages electronically as required.
- Troubleshooting and providing assistance to persons inquiring about missing or misplaced packages either in route to Stevens or delivered.
- Manage process of distribution of all student mailbox numbers. Spearhead process of creating and assigning new mailbox numbers to students yearly.
- Provide back up support to the Receiving Department and the Business Services Manager as required.
- When required, The Lead Mail Clerk will fill in for Post Office window clerk’s responsibilities.
- This will entail creating Money orders, selling stamps, metering mail, providing recommendations for mail delivery to users, Electronic sign out of student packages, and overseeing UPS payments from the Receiving Area.
Company: Stevens Institute of Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A