Website Qatar Airways
As a Manager of Flight Crew Service Support, you will be responsible to support the Vice President of Flight Operations (VPFO) in his role by managing the relationship between the Company and individual crew and monitoring continued compatibility, particularly in respect of attendance, attitude, commitment, and co-operation. To maintain regular contact and communication with the crew in order to continually foster loyalty, productivity, and sensitivity to management authority and to their personal responsibilities to the Company. Contribute towards the overall performance of the business unit, the effective management of all welfare services to Flight Crew, providing direct leadership to a team of support staff, and developing Flight Crew welfare policies and procedures. Must ensure the integrity of the OM A with the Flight Crew Manual to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure Flight Crew Welfare manual and all non-type rated and non-flying related regulations in Flight Operations Manual OM A are reviewed and kept updated at all times.
- Participate in the review board as the panel member, if requested by VPFO for welfare-related matters, and make a combined recommendation for Senior Management to make a decision along with other members.
- Manages all non-flying activities (personal/ welfare/ medical/behavioral) and non-technical issues pertaining to flying ensuring continuous assessment and monitoring of attitude and commitment of the flight deck crew.
- Ensure all projects assigned by the VPFO are completed within the required timeframe and VPFO is kept updated on the status of the completion of the project. Preserving the confidentiality of sensitive Company information.
- Liaise between the pilot community and various QR departments to ensure feedback taken from the crew is analyzed and business improvement processes are suggested.
- Supporting the Fleet Management by ensuring all non-flying / non-technical issues for the flight deck crew are resolved to ensure minimum disruption to the crew rosters.
- Must ensure operational feedback is provided to the Manpower planning through the identified trends/patterns of all disruptions in order to preserve roster stability.
- Make arrangements for providing optimum assistance to the crew members in compassionate situations in/ out of the base to ensure their well-being.
- Ensure all flight deck crew issues are attended to and resolved in order to achieve maximum fleet productivity.
- Ensure all issues generated from the daily fleet disruption report are reviewed and processed with an outcome aligned with the Operations Manual.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of relevant College or University Bachelor’s Degree with 9 years of job-related experience
- An experienced Pilot holding a valid or have held appropriate type rating operated by Qatar Airways
- Project management capabilities.
- Good communication abilities.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to quickly analyze and decide a course of action.
- Project management skills.
- Team leadership / managerial skills.
- Highly attuned communication skills.
- Managerial and administrative skills as well as knowledge of computer applications.
- Aircraft technical and operational Knowledge.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A