Website Porter Airlines Inc.
The Chief Pilot, Embraer E2 will work closely with the Director, Flight Operations in developing and maintaining Porter’s standard operating procedures. The Chief Pilot will oversee the safety and wellbeing of the pilot group while reinforcing Porter’s values.
- Support the Director Flight Operations in managing daily flight operations Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Evaluation and appointing Check Pilots
- Issuing directives and notices to pilots as required
- Developing and/or implementing all required approved training programs for Porter Airlines Inc. pilots
- Ensuring the required technical information produced by manufacturers and other sources is made available to flight crews
- Responsible for the operational suitability and requirements of all aerodromes and routes served by Porter Airlines Inc.
- The actioning and distribution of accident, incident, and other occurrence reports
- The issuing of Dangerous Goods (DG) Certificates of training and the maintenance of records of DG training for pilots
- The processing and actioning of any pilot reports
- The maintenance of high standards of pilot proficiency
- The supervision of Approved Check Pilots and all line pilots
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System
- Active Pilot or ability to become an active Pilot at Porter Airlines with a thorough understanding of Porter policies and procedures
- Active ACP qualification, or ability to become an ACP in the future
- Thorough understanding of the ACP Check Manual
- Ability to pass a Transport Canada vetting process as per the requirements of CASS 725.07(2)(b)
- Thorough understanding of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, Standards and other Transport
- Canada publications
- Embodies and exhibits the Porter values in everyday work
- Post-Secondary education is considered an asset
Company: Porter Airlines Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A