Website The Sky Guys
The Drone/RPAS Pilot is the heart of our organization. They deliver our leading services in the field and act as the face of our company. With their unique “ground-truth” experience, they are often called upon to participate in sales activities, operations, engineering and software development. Your work is critical to the success of The Sky Guys’ customers and the broader community.
You will work directly with senior management at The Sky Guys to deliver and improve our field services and you’ll need to work with the broader company to maintain and help optimize existing systems.
You must also be comfortable working in a fast-paced team with minimal direction, exercising initiative, adaptability, and communication skills with other staff. Creativity, hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude will be necessary on a daily basis.
- Maintain and operate our fleet of equipment – DJI products, senseFly, Intel, Applied Aeronautics RPAS, including camera equipment, LiDAR, multispectral, thermal, and more
- Coordinate all flights according to requirements set out by Transport Canada and The Sky Guys SOPs, including but not limited to: Site Surveys, Mission Checklists, Filing NOTAMs, RPAS Authorizations, Mission Planning, etc.
- Manage collected data and process for delivery to clients, including Pix4D output file formats, images, video, thermals etc.
- Account management
- Minimum Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree . MEng and MASc graduates also welcome to apply.
- Key Traits of the Candidate:
- You are high-energy, adaptable, resourceful, reliable, analytical, team-minded, and an outstanding problem-solver
- You have a growth and continuous development mindset that applies to your personal development, your skills, the quality of your work, and the teams you work in
- When faced with a challenge, you can plan and execute with minimal oversight
- You’re not afraid of working hard!
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and personal management skills (e.g. managing timelines, requirements, planning out work, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or in small teams (up to ~10 people)
- Ability to learn and apply new information and skills to advance project goals
- Excellent documentation skills and habits
- 2.3 Technical Skills & Experience
- Prior UAV flight Experience, ideally 100+ hours commercial flight time
- Air law, air traffic rules and procedures knowledge and practical application
- Excellent knowledge of Transport Canada’s Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
- Transport Canada Pilot Certificate – Advanced Operations required, or in process of being obtained
- Prior Transport Canada SFOC Operation and application process an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Restricted Operator Certificate-Aeronautical (ROC-A) an asset
Company: The Sky Guys
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A