Website Transport Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Lead the development of strategic documents, manage key issues, interpret programs and legislation.
- Administer more complex grant and contribution agreements, memoranda of understanding and public-private partnerships arrangements to ensure compliance with terms of agreements.
- Conduct research and analysis of current and proposed transportation programs and related policies to provide advice and options to departmental / interdepartmental senior advisors and managers.
- Lead engagement and partnership/relationship development with indigenous groups and stakeholders.
- Undertake long-term policy development files.
- Liaise with program managers regarding program design, planning and reporting.
- Participate in inter/intra-departmental committees, working groups or task forces with other TC groups, other federal departments and external stakeholders.
- Engage with industry stakeholders and other government departments on a wide variety of issues.
- Draft briefing and communications material.
- Experience engaging or collaborating with Indigenous groups.
- Experience in preparing strategic decision-making documents, such as reports, slide decks, Cabinet or other documents.
- English Essentia
- Experience in providing advice and recommendations to senior management* based on evidence.
- Experience in conducting research and analysis related to social or economic issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to analyze information and formulate options.
- Experience in undertaking quantitative analysis.
- Experience working with a wide variety of parties or partners in the public or private sectors.
- Experience in planning and coordinating community, public or Indigenous consultations or engagement.
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities.
- Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Bilingual imperative CBC/CBC
Company: Transport Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A