Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Engineering Foreman, the role will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of mechanical equipment within the mechanical discipline according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations and Manufacturing and Company Standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman.
- Reports faults and unsafe conditions to the Central Control Room.
- Participate in planning shutdowns (Planned maintenance), resources, tools and spares relevant to the shutdown activities.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Responsible for the management of consumable stock levels (amongst others, spares and hydrocarbons).
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the maintenance requirements.
- Assist Foreman in executing his/his duties as and when required.
- Conduct planned task observations.
- Follow instructions as per job card and report any defects.
- De-energise and apply the lockout procedure as per company policy.
- Repair and replace worn and defective parts and reassemble mechanical components, referring to service manuals.
- Responsible for the installation of de-watering systems (Pumps and Columns)
- Responsible for cutting, theorizing, bending, lapping and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines.
- Responsible for winder machinery , maintenance signal devices and safety devices as applicable
- Responsible for compressor maintenance as applicable.
- Responsible for ventilation equipment e.g. main / booster fans as applicable.
- Responsible for erecting machines and equipment on-site.
- Responsible for the overhauling and repairing of mechanical parts and fluid power equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for conveyer maintenance.
- Strip, analyse and inspect failures to determine root cause and prevent recurrences.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in working area.
- Provide input in preparing maintenance and inspection schedules.
- Conduct maintenance planning.
- Grade 10
- N2 Certificate
- Qualified Fitter Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and apprenticeship**
- A minimum of 3 years post Apprenticeship / Qualification experience (can be concurrent with the PDL trade experience)
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Grade 12/N3
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite
- Pass Vienna Level 2 Assessment.
- Know and adhere to the safe work procedures.
- Have knowledge and skill in diagnosing root causes of faults on machines and equipment.
- Use trade related machining tools according to specifications in order to achieve finishing tolerances.
- Detect faults and identify trends and report to ensure action to minimize losses or downtime.
- Have knowledge and skill in reading and interpreting technical diagrams, manuals and drawings.
- Have knowledge and skill in assembling components in a logical order and according to specifications.
- Have knowledge to identify and prioritise critical tasks to be executed during planned shutdown.
- Have knowledge and skill to complete job cards and record actions/findings.
- Do Planned Maintenance on equipment according to OEM specifications and safe working procedures.
- Identify tools, spares and equipment required for work activities.
- Respond and attend to breakdowns timeously and effectively to ensure minimum downtime and production losses
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A