Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Engineering Foreman, The role will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) & Track bound equipment within the Diesel Mechanical discipline according to OEM specifications, Mine Health and Safety Act and prescribed performance requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations and Manufacturing and Company Standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman.
- Reports faults and unsafe conditions to the Central Control Room.
- Participate in planning shutdowns (Planned maintenance), resources, tools and spares relevant to the shutdown activities.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Responsible for the management of consumable stock levels (amongst others, spares and hydro carbons).
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the maintenance requirements.
- Assist Foreman in executing his/his duties as and when required.
- Conduct planned task observations.
- Follow instructions as per job card and report any defects.
- De-energise and apply the lock-out procedure as per company policy.
- Dismantle and remove machine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and check parts.
- Detect and diagnose faults in machines and parts.
- Assemble machine components and fit parts after being repaired.
- Service machinery for optimal availability and performance.
- Responsible to perform lock out when required.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in working area.
- Provide input in preparing maintenance and inspection schedules.
- Conduct maintenance planning.
- Responsible for trade related administration.
- Perform standby duties and attend to breakdowns.
- Conduct on-the-job training for allocated apprentices.
- Grade 10
- N2 National Certificate
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and/or apprenticeship
- A minimum of 3 years post Apprenticeship / Qualification experience (can be concurrent with the PDL trade experience).
- Valid driver’s license
- Grade 12 / N3
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pass Vienna Level 2 Assessment.
- Know and adhere to the safe work procedures.
- Have knowledge and skill in diagnosing root causes of faults on machines and equipment.
- Have knowledge and skill in reading and interpreting technical diagrams, manuals and drawings.
- Detect faults and identify trends and report to ensure action to minimize losses or downtime.
- Have knowledge to identify and prioritised the critical tasks to be executed during the planned shutdown.
- Have knowledge and skill in assembling components in a logical order and according to specifications.
- Do Planned Maintenance on equipment according to OEM specifications and safe working procedures.
- Have knowledge and skill to complete job cards and record actions/findings.
- Respond and attend to breakdowns timeously and effectively to ensure minimum downtime and production losses.
- Identify the tools, spares and equipment required for the work activities
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Koffiefontein, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A