Website American Hospital Dubai
A registered professional Nurse: Provides direct patient care and coordinates patient care-related activities using the scientific process of nursing Abides by AHD nursing standards of care and practice.
- Demonstrates attention to discharge planning; discharge planning is addressed on admission, on-going and as care plans are modified. Discharge and transfer procedures are completed in a timely and complete manner.
- Sets priorities and plans implementation of patient care; implementation of care is completed in a timely, organized manner and follows AHD nursing standards and policy and procedure. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are supported.
- Demonstrates competent technical nursing skills; medications are administered safely and according to policies and procedures, physicians are assisted with patient examinations and specialized procedures, proficiency is demonstrated with IV therapy, and dressings etc.
- Works in other areas within the hospital when assigned, within the scope of practice.
- Demonstrates problem solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Develops individualized care plans based on the nursing diagnosis, with updated revisions according to evaluation and re-assessment findings. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are considered in daily care planning.
- Demonstrates current Endoscopy nursing knowledge with ability to recognize and apply basic pathophysiology in the disease process.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required in recognizing potential emergency situations; codes and other emergency situations are managed competently. Actively participates in mock codes.
- Nursing documentation is informative, complete, accurate, concise and legible. Documentation follows AHD and JCI standards and reflects the nursing process from assessment through evaluation.
- Provides accurate, complete and prompt reports on patient care conditions and response to treatment. Collaborates effectively as a multidisciplinary team member.
- PALS/ACLS preferred
- At least 2 years of nursing experience in Endoscopy specialty
- BLS certification
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (duration not less than three years) or
- Private hospital experience preferred
- Current license to practice nursing in country of origin and with the DHA
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A