Enrolled Nurse plays a pivotal role in providing clinical leadership and ensuring delivery of high quality mental health and physical health care to patients within Akeso Montrose Manor Clinic.
- To interact with the patient in a polite and professional manner
- Exhibit competence with regard to life saving procedures
- Ensure maintenance of stock, equipment and oxygen to facilitate a successful out come to a medical emergency
- To carry out the appropriate emergency procedure/treatment as directed by clinic policy and scope of practise.
- To treat the patient with dignity and respect
- Forming therapeutic nurse/patient relationships
- Doing the psychiatric nursing evaluation and comprehensively completing the documentation
- To listen to the patient and be non-judgemental
- Provision of a therapeutic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Full understanding of the Nursing Act, No. 33 of 2005 and the Nursing Act, No. 50 of 1978 and the Regulations.
- Full understanding of the Mental Health Care act, No. 17 of 2002 and the Regulations.
- Current registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nursing.
- Must have an understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
- Excellent organisational and supervisory skills.
- At least two years’ experience in Psychiatric Nursing in a Psychiatric facility.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A