To provide focused strategic and operational leadership for the regional team, and responsible for the integrity of the MTN Network in the region. Be the primary interface with MTN management, including accountability and authority within the Region. Provide a superior quality Network continuously striving to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Provide input into all long term plans regarding Network Operations for the region
- Provide input the annual business plan
- Translate the Network Operations strategies into operational plans and activities to realise these strategies within the region
- Adopt and align NWG strategies with that of Sales and Marketing
- Drive the process to ensure the appropriate resources, systems and processes are in place to maintain and support the network in the region
- Responsible for the interface with the transmission and interconnection suppliers (e.g. Telkom) in the region
- Oversee the regional NWG staff and ensure that their operations/functions are in alignment with the objectives of the CTO
- Provide resources to support the integration of new network elements and software in the region
- Accountable for the process to ensure all network and service faults assigned to the region and are tracked and managed effectively
- Manage MTBF and MTTR across the region as defined
- Perform annual individual assessments of direct reports in the region
- Ensure that appropriate training is received by staff, both informal and formal, and provide succession planning and career paths for staff
- Drive the implementation of special projects
- Responsible for the technical performance of the network in the Regions
- Drive the adherence to quality and safety n the region through ISO 9001,ISO14000 & RCMP and monitor the performance ensuring compliance
- Ensure participation in implementation: Manage to carry out Lab testing (software & hardware) and to perform testing, i.e. get vendor acceptance tests
- Responsible that end-to-end integration is successful
- Ensure a process for 2nd level support for network and services are in place
- Responsible for the process to ensure documentation is comprehensive, sufficiently detailed, up to date, accurate and maintained effectively to ensure business continuity
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification in Telecoms or light current electronics / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Manager track record of 5 years or more in year’s managing a similar function at the national/continent level in a multinational organisation experience in the telecoms/GSM industry with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry.
- Budgeting and financial processes.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Formal courses in digital transmission and switching techniques.
- Elementary training in personnel management covering supervisory fundamentals, the setting of objectives, mentoring, coaching, LR and disciplinary procedures.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of the MSOffice packages and the ability to set up spreadsheet, databases and presentations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A