- To define and lead the National Roaming and MVNO strategies for Managed Network Services, maximising MTN’s growth, profitability and market share in alignment with the overall Wholesale business strategy.
- To set, manage and deliver the acquisition, sales and service strategy elements for National Roaming and MVNO ensuring seamless and fully integrated service delivery.
- To provide technical design input on all Managed Network Solutions. To lead the projects of technical solutions for the Managed Network Services business unit, including complex network infrastructure solutions, Carrier Services solutions and products – in support of Managed Network Service strategy
Indicates those KPA’s that are essential to the position itself. These are normally specific to the incumbent, the job and the function. Excludes role and leadership / management.
- Design, challenge and implement the long-term commercial strategy for the National Roaming and MVNO portfolios, ensuring alignment of all activities undertaken in the unit to the overall Wholesale strategy, whilst achieving alignment with the strategic objectives and requirements of MTN SA.
- Provide input into the business plan to ensure delivery to key customers and markets, ensuring competitiveness on all elements and coordinated efforts between MTN and its Wholesale business partners.
- Provide input into reviewing organisational activities and assist in recommending corrective actions if necessary.
- Contribute towards long-term forecasts and predictions (2-5 years), analysing trends and highlighting areas of the business that may be developed further.
- Oversight of the project management framework and strategy to enable product/service delivery on revenue and cost targets, aligned to industry best practice, MTN SA and MTN Group.
- Oversee the project management function for all MNS initiatives related to National Roaming and MVNO.
- Interpret strategic plan and formulate strategic deliverables to be executed via the set commercial framework for Wholesale.
- Design complex project plans in conjunction with EPMO to deliver solutions for the Managed Network Service business.
- Set acquisition, retention and profitability objectives and targets for National Roaming and MVNO business partners and ensure the translation of strategy into action plans.
- Drive execution of National Roaming and MVNO implementation plans in alignment with operational targets and business strategy and initiate corrective actions where applicable.
- Ensure execution of initiatives and activities at national and regional level.
- Liaise with the relevant areas of the business to ensure cross-functional integration, and to ensure delivery of customer experience according to predetermined SLA’s.
- Consider the long term (1-2 years) implications of actions on the viability of the business from a broader perspective, whilst also considering the impact of solutions on other areas of the business and the interdependency of units.
- Continuous monitoring of the marketplace and proactively liaise with Strategic Product Development, Network Group and other Sales and Service teams, to adapt plans where relevant.
- Keep abreast of, alert BU heads to, and pursue opportunities to increase sales network and sales within the National Roaming and MVNO scope.
- Ensure best trade partner selection within the scope of the National Roaming and MVNO segments and manage and monitor performance and relationships.
- Participate in negotiations with key business partners within the National Roaming and MVNO scope, following Sales & Service Assurance and strategic BU guidelines.
- Conduct research and acquire relevant information to prepare / guide the preparation of all necessary documentation for negotiations with prospective business partners in line with Wholesale BU guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 4-year Commercial and/or Engineering Technology degree
- MBA or Masters in relevant field of study advantageous
- Fluent in English
- Management level track record of 2 years or more; with at least 5 years’ experience in commercial management and technical project delivery.
- Experience working in the design, build and operation of mobile network operator infrastructure.
- Experience in designing solutions of network technologies.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A