Senior Manager: Finance Operations and Head Office Accounting is primarily responsible to Implement and maintain financial processes, keeping abreast of latest developments in accounting standards and integrate into MTN Group accounting policies and procedures. The SM is also responsible to manage and oversee the Finance Operations activities which include Head Office Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables.
This role is also responsible to manage cascaded Finance’s overall strategic goals, to achieve profitable growth, and to continuously improve the operation’s performance.
Define the end state architecture of the financial operations of the organisation in order to achieve the following outcomes:
- An efficient and effective operating environment which is agile and supports business process and speed of execution
- An environment which has a strong controls and stewardship focus
- An environment which is client centric and maintains highest service standards to internal and external customers
- An environment which ensures accuracy, completeness and validity of financial transactions in order to facilitate sound reporting
- Ensure that policies and procedures are defined for all accounting processes and that they are in line with IFRS
- Ensure the management of the execution of all operational processes in line with the defined policies, taking corrective action as required
- Preparation of Monthly reports for head office companies according to standards, procedures and timelines.
- Provide all required support to the Reporting organisation and the Audit Committee.
- Ensure production of all monthly, interim and yearly results for all applicable operating entities
- Manage the compliance with relevant standards and best practices
- Implement and maintain financial processes, keeping abreast of latest developments in IFRS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CA (SA) – Mandatory
- 8-10 years’ experience with accounting for head office companies or relevant experience in finance or finance operations related roles in a telecom or financial services environment
- 3-5 years’ experience leading Finance Operations/Head Office Accounting teams for a large multinational company
- Experience in accounting for complex consolidations in a multinational environment.
- Proficient with application of IFRS, taxation, and other requirements
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Pan Africa multi-cultural experience is advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A