The Senior Manager: Financial consolidation and reporting is responsible for activities related to period end, consolidation, and intercompany accounting. The senior manager needs to ensure: standardization of reporting processes, policies, procedures across the Group; timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial results; and implementation and maintenance of appropriate financial reporting systems.
The purpose of this job is to act as a subject matter expert for the consolidation, period close reporting and intercompany accounting functions for Group Finco.
- Review and guide the Group company financial operations.
- Review and verify the Group company accounting activities in compliance with IFRS and local statutory requirements.
- Designs and implements Group wide controls for financial reporting and budgets.
- Deliver service aligned to the Group Finco framework, policies, procedures and templates established for Record to Report (R2R)
- Continuously provide input and improve the reporting framework and timelines established
- Support Opcos in completing their period end activities in line with the frameworks established
- Perform the consolidation of financial results (financial and non-financial information) for monthly, quarterly and annual results as well as forecast, high level budgets and business plans
- Define intercompany transactions and account types to be used to account for intercompany transactions
- Support the development / update of intercompany policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation, review and distribution of the audit plan, audit instructions
- Assist in managing the external audit process by way of obtaining information in a time bound manner to assist in timely completion of the audit
- Build and manage a high performing team by providing leadership, role clarity, training and career development
- Continually develop a culture of strong collaboration and effective team working
- Ensure open communication channels with staff and implement change management interventions where necessary
- Provide definition of roles, responsibilities, individual goals, and performance objectives for the team
- Set KPIs and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program
- Investigate and provide input to audit differences
- Process year-end adjustments approved for processing
- Support the preparation of annual reports, analyst reports and other reports, as applicable
- Minimum of 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Finance /Accounting or equivalent
- CA (SA) – Mandatory
- Post graduate degree in Finance and/or equivalent professional qualification (preferred); or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) (advantageous)) or / ACMA (CIMA)
- MBA or Masters (advantageous)
- 8 – 10 years of relevant experience in finance or finance operations related roles in a telecom or financial services environment
- 3 – 5 years of experience in leading Group Consolidations function of a large multinational company
- Experience in accounting for complex consolidations in a multinational environment.
- Experience in managing a highly qualified team of technical accountants
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Pan Africa multi-cultural experience is advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A