Metropolitan is a dynamic, future-focused financial services institute, with its heritage firmly rooted in African communities for more than 120 years. With a passion for technology and digital engagement, it is continuously introducing innovative ways to provide affordable access to financial solutions for the emerging market. At the same time, it embraces human diversity as the bedrock of creativity, never losing touch with the people who have sustained its growth through the years. Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving Africa’s people to create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan’s suite of solutions includes funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance. It operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in seven African countries including Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana and Lesotho.
At Metropolitan, employees are engaged as holistic human beings within their full social context. As such an employee experience and corporate culture that foster growth and general well-being are actively cultivated. This considers the full employment cycle, from the first day of employment, various stages of development, to the point of exit.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous development of the automation solutions and the script coverage that supports your team’s initiatives, Help improve testing by being an active participant in various IT forums. Mentor and train interns and juniors in the test chapter.
- Ensure that the correct standards, disciplines and processes are followed.
- Take accountability for the correct functioning of the key activities within this area as per agreed standards.
- Take responsibility for all phases of testing activities within Retail IT
- Assist the test manager with the implementation of performance testing
- Contribute to the organisational goals by ensuring that quality business systems are implemented through test automation
- Establish and maintain an end-to-end test regression pack across development teams
- Manage effectiveness of testing processes
- Help sustain and improve the existing testing framework
- 2-4 years of experience in Selenium including DB and API testing
- Java or other OOP languages
- Test Management tools
- Understanding of Solutions Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Jenkins or any CI/CD tools
- Degree /Diploma in IT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A