Website Government of Manitoba
As an Assessment Officer, you will inspect residential, farm and commercial property and record land and building characteristics for valuation, classification and assignment of liability to taxation. You will update property and ownership characteristics using computer software and determine value, class and liability. You will respond to assessment enquiries from the public and municipal government councils and prepare and present defense of residential and non-residential assessments at Boards of Revision and Municipal Board hearings.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the assessment district with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal records check.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for articulating ideas and conducting presentations before various audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills for communicating simple to complex information to all levels of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience providing excellent client service.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Certificate in Real Property Assessment. Completion of the Canadian Residential Appraiser (CRA) or Residential Evaluation Specialist (RES) and those who meet the eligibility for admissions into the University of British Columbia’s Certificate in Real Property Assessment, or equivalent program (High school and diploma or GED) may be considered.
- Experience valuing and/or inspecting a wide range of residential, farm, and/or small to medium sized commercial buildings. Work experience related to the technical aspects of assessment (appraisal, real estate, agriculture, building construction, land survey systems, municipal government, GIS) may be considered.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills for prioritizing competing and multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Completion of assigned development plan to work towards Assessment Officer 3 full working level for AS2 underfill appointments.
Company: Government of Manitoba
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minnedosa, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A