Website Government of Manitoba
The Government of Manitoba offers a comprehensive benefit package which include paid vacation, extended health, health spending, dental, drug, vision, long term disability, supportive employment program, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). The position of LIbrary Consultant can be located in either Winnipeg or Brandon.
Reporting to the Director of Public Library Services, and engaging with the Executive Director of the Strategic Policy Branch, the Library Consultant is responsible for the development and maintenance of standards with respect to service establishment in collaboration with public libraries operating under the Public Libraries Act. The position promotes sector development, cohesion and partnerships by conducting complex research and performing a full-range of consulting activities to support planning efforts, program delivery and policy development; locally and province-wide. The position is expected to coordinate and administer central library services, support grant programs as well as to serve the internal needs of the department, division and branch in the preparation of briefing materials or reports and collaborating on assigned committee activities with colleagues across government.
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of social trends and issues affecting public libraries
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience developing, planning and presenting training sessions
- Experience in a leadership role within a library environment.
- Knowledge of public library governance
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong time management skills
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Company: Government of Manitoba
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A