In this role, the successful candidate must support to develop and administer ocean freight plans and processes, to deliver flow of goods and information across our global operations, maximizing profitability, and productivity, while maintaining and nurturing existing relationships with our major shipping lines in the Sub-Saharan region.
- Place Ocean Freight bookings based on customer’s requirements, estimated cargo arrival, and the capacity of the WHS’s;
- Define and maintain long-term procurement strategy
- Create files in the company’s ERP system and maintain data quality;
- Negotiate spot and long-term rates with major shipping lines in Sub-Saharan region;
- Analyze the market and report the market situation to the company’s management;
- Prepare and provide commercial proposals to existing and prospective customers;
- Support commercial managers in preparation of ocean freight rates for tenders;
- Monitor and coordinate WHS activities of packing and stacking containers into ports;
- Support the company’s management in the aim of increasing import volumes and expanding the company’s presence in the Sub-Saharan region.
- Maintain planning and communicate company’s Ocean Freight bookings plan to shipping lines;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure, and available at most times to discuss queries/ changes/ reports.
- Finance understanding and experience in East and Central African markets highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the shipping process
- Strong systems knowledge. Mainly Excel/ MS Office (definite), SQL, PowerBI and SalesForce (Advantage).
- Ability to time manage and set realistic targets for ever changing deadlines.
- 4-7 years proven experience in a similar role, working with shipping lines
- Logistics background. With understanding of Freight, Rail and Road transport.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A