Website Jumeirah Group
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and dynamic Director of Food and Beverage to join Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait to provide leadership and direction to ensure the Food and Beverage operation achieves its goals and contributes to the guest experience and overall profitability of the hotel whilst maintaining Jumeirah brand standards.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require
- Provide creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the hotel
- Spend time in the various operations to ensure the operation is managed according to standard
- Initiate special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest
- Frequently verify that the best products are used in the hotel operation to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensure that HACCP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the highest food hygiene standards
- Set, in close conjunction with each Outlet Manager, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan
- Make recommendations for modernization of equipment, service methods, and presentation to improve guest satisfaction and profits
- Train and develop Outlet Managers so that they are able to operate independently with their own profit center and to exceed budget
- To assist in bringing all Outlet Managers up to date with market needs and trends and ensuring that their product matches these needs
- Monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary
- Personally and frequently verify that guests in the hotel are receiving the best possible service available in order to make continuous improvement
- Monitor closely the profitability of all food and beverage outlets in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures
- Assist in monitoring the activities and trends of competitor hotels and restaurants and keep up to date with international trends in order to ensure the competitive advantage of the hotel
- Participate in public relations activities, sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the hotel
- Assist in coordinating the organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure delivery of the strategy and compliance with Jumeirah standards
- Working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Proficiency in spoken and written business English.
- Effective Communication and individualization skills.
- Management qualification from a recognized hotel or business school.
- Creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in the Middle East.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
- At least 3 years experience in a senior F&B management role in a 5 star luxury hotel or resort.
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A