Website J. C. Penney
Position will be cross trained in Bombay, GOH Sort, Processing (Detail Check), Will Call, Reverse, Holdback, Receiving, Shipping
- Checks and inspects cartons to reflect accurate quantity and condition for further processing.
- Sorting and routing cartons.
- Entering appropriate information in inventory systems as required.
- Loading, unloading, picking as required.
- Checks, inspects, and logs data into the appropriate inventory systems to reflect the quantity and condition of merchandise received or distributed.
- Locating, preparing and affixing appropriate labels.
- Packing, labeling and scanning cartons, as required.
- Takes necessary steps to prepare merchandise for inventory and distribution.
- Inspects merchandise visually to determine disposition, as assigned.
- Enters/logs appropriate data into on-line systems as required.
- Performs processing activities, as assigned.
- Moves cartons from one location to another, either manually or mechanically
- Checks and codes merchandise and data.
- Operates simple warehouse equipment, as necessary.
- Performs other related manual tasks, as assigned.
- Packing, unpacking, banding, and assembling merchandise.
- Sorting and routing merchandise.
- Weighing merchandise.
- Moving merchandise manually from one location to another.
- Picking, labeling and scanning, as required.
- Scheduling and balancing workload of other associates.
- Training and coaching associates in basic procedures and techniques.
- Verifying data and work of others.
- Requires the ability to understand and follow general and/or written instructions. Involves the use of elementary arithmetic.
- Must have an Achiever rating, or higher, on your 2017 Performance Appraisal.
- Those with Policy Violations issued within the last 12 months will not be considered.
- Ability to learn computer processing systems.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Ability to determine which prescribed steps to take to process problem cartons and to resolve identified discrepancies.
- Information regarding current family members working in the same facility must be reported when submitting the application. Failure to do so will disqualify the Associate.
- Familiarity with use of contemporary merchandise processing equipment (i.e. hand-held scanners)
- Familiarity with use of warehouse equipment and inventory systems.
Company: J. C. Penney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lenexa, Kansas, US
Application Deadline: N/A