To assume responsibility for leading the TFCS Boarding House, under the direction of the The Executive Head and by following the TFCS Hostel guidelines.
- academic, pastoral, cultural and spiritual welfare of pupils in the Hostel House,
- discipline and moral guidance of pupils, resident in the Hostel House
- safety, hygiene, and general well-being of pupils, resident in the Hostel House.
- sound maintenance of all the Hostel House equipment and premises.
- In short, the Boarding master is expected to offer the same level of care and attention that a good parent would.
- Act in loco parentis and therefore be responsible for all aspects of the pastoral welfare of the pupils in the House. This would include aspects of discipline as delegated by the Housemaster in line with school policy and practice and agreed boarding standards.
- Lead the House team i.e., tutors, matron, and housekeeper with regard to organisation of duties and areas of responsibility needed to ensure the efficient management of the Hostel House.
- Be responsible for the training and guidance of new members of the pastoral team including Interns and ensure that an efficient working system of recording daily events and handovers between House staff is practiced.
- Communicate with parents as necessary with the assistance of others in the Hostel House. To report in respect of the pastoral development of pupils in the Hostel House and to contribute to references when requested by a member of the School Management Team.
- Liaise with teaching staff, Heads of Schools, Counsellors, and tutors in monitoring and supporting academic progress of pupils in the House.
- Take appropriate steps to monitor the attendance and conduct of pupils for all meals and their whereabouts through the week.
- Set up a system of mentors for new pupils who join the House.
- Attend relevant meetings such as Pastoral Leadership meetings, case conferences etc.
- Organize and maintain the budget of the Boarding House within the agreed parameters as laid down by the Executive Head.
- To regularly review the Health and Safety requirements of the Boarding House, reporting any concerns or potential hazards to the Executive Head.
- Professional Teaching qualifications.
- SACE registered.
- Police Clearance (not more than 6 months)
- Sexual Offences Register clearance.
- Strictly born-again practicing Christians.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience.
- Church leadership experience will be an added advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Masemola, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A