Wembley College is a leading, English Medium, co-educational, independent school situated on a beautiful campus amongst the rolling hills of Greytown in the KwaZulu Natal Midlands. An hour from Pietermaritzburg and an hour from Ballito makes for an ideal ‘country school’ within easy striking distance of a Central Business District and the warm KwaZulu Natal coast. Founded in 1997, the school follows the Cambridge Curriculum and enters candidates for the Cambridge Examinations that are set externally and recognised world-wide.
Applicants should be suitably qualified and experienced and be in possession of a Public Driving Permit (PDP). They should be self-motivated and have a clear passion for interacting with young people, for coaching sport, participating in the broader life of the school as well as an understanding of the value of extra-mural participation.
- The candidate must be able to identify with and support the values of Wembley College.
- Have experience teaching Afrikaans Grade 8 to 12.
- Have a degree with Afrikaans as a main subject and PGCE.
- Be computer literate.
- Have a clear understanding and acceptance of Independent School practice.
- Have boundless enthusiasm and the ability to form warm and caring relationships with the pupils;
- Have a desire to participate fully in the social, cultural and extra mural programme;
- Put children at the heart of everything they do with an energetic and inspirational approach to learning.
- Share our vision of transforming learning to raise aspiration, secure an enjoyment and love of learning and develop a sense of pride in all that we do.
- Be a creative thinker.
- Have the ability to drive developments in our curriculum.
- Be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, directors, parents and the wider community in order to drive change and shape the future.
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and a future-orientated approach.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- The intention to work according to the school’s ethos, specifications and policies.
- A willingness to work with and mentor interns.
- A SACE registration.
- Have a police and sexual offences clearance certificate.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greytown
Application Deadline: N/A