We invite applications for an Occupational Therapist who meets the below listed requirements.
- Plans, initiates, and periodically re-assesses the effectiveness of program and services.
- Keeps an ongoing log of all visits with program objectives and progress; maintains paperwork according to guidelines and adheres to timelines.
- Facilitates group therapeutic activity programs with relevant and appropriate learners in the school context.
- Prepares and plans for each session, including venue and appropriate use of therapeutic materials.
- Interprets medical and academic reports to provide information and/or ensure that treatment/intervention plans are appropriate.
- Coordinates student’s program with other therapists and educational staff to achieve uniformity of goals.
- The candidate will be part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team and will be required to participate in case management meetings regularly.
- Termly reports and feedback per grade to be provided to the respective case manager of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Conducts brief and comprehensive assessments of learners to plan for integration into a therapeutic activity program to optimise functioning within the context of learning and development.
- Self-motivated, organised and energetic
- Willing to embrace the value system and ethos of the school
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an Occupational Therapist within a school context
- Trained in Sensory Integration Therapy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the HPCSA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bedfordview
Application Deadline: N/A