Honeywell Aerospace Flight Test team provides superior performance and outstanding efficiency to Fortune 500 and U.S. military customers who require detailed, accurate test data. As the industry leader, Honeywell has flying test beds and data gathering systems in place to functionally test and evaluate all its Aerospace products. The Flight Test team supports propulsion and avionics testing with several Flying Test Bed aircraft.
- Develop or approve ground or flight test plans
- Share responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight test
- Ensure that test planning requirements have been met
- Operate test equipment and data acquisition systems in accordance with test plan and aircraft limitations, procedures and hazard/risk assessments
- Document flight reports/notes, flight times and aircraft defects
- The flight test engineer is also responsible for coordination with internal and external customers to define the installation requirements of the equipment to be tested on one of the Honeywell experimental flight test aircraft.
- Design and substantiation of mechanical modifications to the test aircraft to ensure that all modifications meet applicable safety requirements.
- Provide required Engineering Documentation to support designs, report writing, preparation of statements of work and maintain drawing files and records.
- Coordinate design efforts at vendors or with subcontracts when required to meet schedule commitments.
- Provide appropriate documentation and coordinate designs with the Repair Station Chief Maintenance Inspector with local FISDO and MIDO offices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Due to our government contracts, all applicants must be US Citizens.
- 2 years’ experience with Avionics and/or instrumentation system integration and installation, to include:
- Experience in Solid Works, or similar software
- Experience with AutoCad, or similar software
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A