Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position does not have a positive education requirement. If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. See Required Documents section for detail.
- National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- The Office of Personnel management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule, C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
- To Qualify at the GS-9: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work. Examples include: assembling necessary program and financial data and preparing detailed narrative reports and computerized tabular presentations; preparing analysis on the budgetary implications of policy changes and new initiatives, preparing budget documents for submission and providing full supporting data to senior management for justification of budget requests; analyzing alternative budgetary and corresponding program options, and the effects of changes in program emphasis; and developing budget presentation data and execution reports in a style and format which is compatible with current agency goals and objectives;
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A