Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This detail opportunity is for current Department of Homeland Security employees only. If you are not a current Department of Homeland Security employee you will not be eligible for this detail opportunity. You must submit an current SF-50 to show you currently work for Department of Homeland Security.
- Leverage expert knowledge of protective operations, countermeasures, protective intelligence, and general law enforcement duties to protect senior leadership and personnel from acts that may jeopardize their safety and security.
- Serve as a Protect Agent providing executive security protection for the Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security.
- The responsibilities described are for the full performance level.
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Technical and tactical proficiency with the various small arms used in support of company operations.
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under “required documents” section.
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Ability to conduct both static and mobile PSD and security operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of individual and group force protection.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles of various weights in a tactical manner both on and off-road.
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Completed the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP), FLETC Protective Service
- Operations Training Program (PSOTP), or equivalent.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team equally well.
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A