Website Hollard Insurance
Hello…an exciting new opportunity has just become available in our Hollard Group Finance & Assurance area. We are looking to recruit a Legal and Compliance Manager.
To provide legal and compliance support to the Investments business. Develop, implement, and maintain a system of compliance (i.e. 1st Line) for Hollard Investments (HI), and in addition provide legal support, across the 3 areas of business being Hollard Investment Managers, Platform and Balance Sheet Management.
- Responsible for the compliance program development, annual compliance strategy planning and compliance audit planning
- Undertake regulatory risk identification, assessments, risk management planning and monitoring activities
- Screen the regulatory environment for changes and developments that impact Hollard Investments
- Evaluate new regulatory requirements, advise business on practical impacts and implications, and guide the implementation of appropriate projects, processes, and controls to ensure compliance with new requirements and assist with training
- Represent the Investments business on new compliance projects and initiatives to be implemented and where new or amended legislation requires it.
- Guiding remedial action plans and risk mitigation strategies in line with businesses’ objectives
- Co-ordinate and manage all regulatory reporting, regulatory reviews, onsite inspections, and visits
- Assist business in providing guidance in complaints resolutions
- Ensure regular compliance reporting to all stakeholders including, Hollard Group Head of Compliance, Business Unit EXCO and Hollard Group Audit and Risk Committee
- Be the HI champion for implementation and roll-out of the Hollard Enterprise Risk Management framework, within the HI division.
- Sit on one or more of the following trustee boards (replacing HI staff where appropriate):
- Hollard Life Retirement Annuity Fund
- Provide advice and opinions on legal issues and risks and refer complex or urgent matters for external advice where appropriate (either within the Hollard group or using external legal advisors)
- Assess legal risks associated with contractual arrangements and advise the BU as to risks, thereof.
- Advising on the management of legal risks involved in implementing the Hollard Investments business plans.
- Manage the contracting process of appointed service providers
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Ongoing review of all agreements in operation to ensure they comply with all regulatory requirements and that the terms of the agreements are being met
- Ongoing review of legislation and impact assessment that each regulatory change has on the business unit
- Ownership of all internal policies – creation and maintenance of all policies and ensure they align to any group policies (where applicable)
- Regent Life Retirement Annuity Fund
- Sit on one or more of the following ASISA forums (replacing HI staff where appropriate):
- ASISA Regulation 28 working group
- ASISA Retirement Fund Reform Steering Committee
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing compliance related publications, and self-study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry in a risk and compliance management role
- Familiarity with the FAIS, CISCA, Insurance Act and/or LTI is a must
- Legal And Compliance Experience In The Investment Industry Essential
- FSCA Compliance Officer – Registered Member of the Compliance Institute preferable
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance, CISCA, related regulations and industry guidelines, FAIS, FICA, FATCA, POPIA, TCF and new applicable industry legislation, Companies Act and King IV requirements
- Demonstrable experience in leading a diversified and technically competent compliance team
- Good knowledge of financial products, funds and financial markets
- Strong understanding / knowledge of the various distribution channels, financial advisors across these channels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management / project management
- Educational Requirements
- A relevant Tertiary Degree – LLB degree and/or relevant post graduate diploma would be an advantage
- Regulatory exams Essential
Company: Hollard Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A