Website Government Employees Medical Scheme - GEMS
The position of ICT Application Administrator is vacant. The ICT Application Administrator will report directly to the Senior Systems Engineer and forms part of the ICT division. The position is based at GEMS Head Office, Pretoria.
The ICT Application Administrator will use skills required of a Systems Administrator in an in-house or hosted environment, as well as a working knowledge of the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission applications services and systems i.e. Microsoft Exchange, outlook, email continuity, email security and email archiving and provide support to the Senior Systems Engineer through the following KPA’s:
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to applications configuration, processes, and service.
- Conduct research on applications technologies, products, and services, protocols, and standards particularly emailing services to remain abreast of developments in the cloud trends industry.
- Provide the applications technical security inputs to combat any ICT security threats.
- Collaborate with ICT management leaders and your colleagues to assess near- and long-term applications capacity needs particularly emailing services.
- Provide inputs to the design, deployment, implementation and maintenance of Cloud and Office 365 environment, particularly services affecting emailing.
- Oversee new and existing deployment of email technologies upgrades.
- Provide applications and email server risks mitigation plans.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- National Diploma/Advanced Certificates (NQL 6) in the field of computer science or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with 1 –
- 2 Years Managerial and 2-3 years functional work experience.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Certifications in: Office 365, Microsoft Exchange required, ITIL , Mimecast , Microsoft AX and CRM and Microsoft SharePoint will be advantageous, Microsoft Azure fundamental added as advantageous
- 1 – 2 Years Managerial and 2-3 years functional work experience.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Have an understanding of medical schemes industry.
- Willing to work outside normal business hours when required and to travel where required to perform work duties.
Company: Government Employees Medical Scheme – GEMS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A