Website Delta Air Lines
Delta is restructuring its strategy and sharpening its focus on fleet and galley technology to create processes excellence, develop tools, and drive results that will improve the overall customer experience and Inflight Service is seeking a strong strategic business leader for the position of Director, Innovation Fleet and Galley to champion these efforts.
- The Director will lead Delta’s Fleet and Galley Design by innovating and creating value for Delta through increased quality and commercial standards. This is an extremely high impact role that will require a creative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to launch fleet and galley units and drive pivotal innovation.
- Develop and enhance innovative and progressive strategies and business practices that improve the value chain; supports a clear case fort change, desired outcomes, with an accurate scope.
- Research and apply trends that will evolve Delta’s business operations as they relate to next generation catering, including technology to communicate catering processes. Monitor and forecast trends and execute CI.
- Supports interface with fleet project committee to ensure aircraft modifications are able to accommodate established service parameters.
- Supports oversight of service design, incorporating all flat galley types, efficient and cost effective kitchen meal and cart builds/production, ease of flight attendant delivery and customer pleasing attributes.
- Drive innovation in all aspects of catering processes including carts, carriers, automation, RFID, imaging technology, inventory management, catering systems, conveyors, work production systems, etc.
- Direct innovation in the catering and kitchen processes, IT tools, and equipment.
- Champion project management disciplines and provides processes, structures, and tools.
- Build annual strategy business plan, initiate innovation projects and coordinate implementation, and implement measures to track improvements in innovation.
- Oversee day-to-day operational responsibility of each reporting team and proactively take action to maximize the business performance and strategic development of each team to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage annual capital and operating budget within organization and facilitate lower cost operations.
- Establish KPIs for service performance and ensure KPIs are consistently met.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure strategy and direction aligns with the overall goals and objectives.
- Analyze trends and market disruptions.
- Effectively communicate corporate goals, policies and philosophies to onboard service team members and internal business partners via discussions and presentations.
- Manage and continuously develop a team of leaders and onboard service professionals; supporting the team in process excellence, project management, accelerating transformation and value creation to drive desired outcomes. Introduce group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking.
- Establishes expectations and priorities, monitor departmental performance, coach, and create a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Ensure proper oversight, monitoring and governance and establish a regular reporting mechanism to ensure there is a timely and consistent monitoring and communication of operational, safety and financial performance.
- Work with team members to develop specific behaviors, skills or knowledge needed to ensure sustained performance and to prepare for success in new responsibilities.
- Play an integral role in employee engagement, communication and overall executive visibility.
- Lead through demonstration of Delta’s core values as outlined in Rules of the Road. Communicates a compelling view of the organization’s purpose and value in a way that helps others understand the importance and impact of their contributions; advocates for others.
- Develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and wellbeing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, operations, analytics, finance, or a related field required. MBA or Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a leadership role managing large and complex innovation initiatives is required.
- 5+ years operations experience with emerging technologies, such as AI/ML, Big Data etc. is required.
- Experience in P&L and strong operating and financial orientation and intuition.
- Excellent knowledge of airline operations is a plus.
- Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications and be able to produce relevant, strategically-driven documents and presentations for senior leaders.
- Must have a solid history of thinking systemically, challenging the status quo and building value based relationships.
- Ability to drive multiple functions at Delta and external resources towards a common goal using a simple yet structured approach.
- Creative and innovative problem solver with significant project management experience.
- Ability to think strategically, while demonstrating sound decision making and execution of solutions in a high pressure environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required. Demonstrated experience managing and executing multiple priorities in a timely and simultaneous manner.
- Demonstrated leadership managing initiatives and strategies within an organization to improve processes and achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and cross-cultural skills, able to work cross-functionally and at all levels within the organization, both at Delta and with external business partners.
- Proven track record of managing overall business profitability and delivering profit improvement.
- Strong negotiating skills – able to close successful agreements in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to influence and provide counsel at all levels of the organization. Self-directed, highly motivated and proactive leader with ability to lead teams to deliver on challenging goals and coach teams to higher levels of performance in a fast paced operational environment.
- Must have a good understanding of all business disciplines including people management, finance, marketing, sales and IT.
- Travel is required.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A