Website Emirates Airline
Technical Product Owners (TPO) are the “front door” to the engineering teams, feeding team backlogs with work spread across feature, function, non-functional (NFR), BAU, Technical Debt, spikes, and ceremonies. As a result, the TPO constantly juggles and prioritises the different types of work flowing into the team, making decisions in alignment with other TPO’s, and ensuring they meet the objectives of the Program Increment (PI).
- Ensures Technical Debt and NFR’s are captured, refined, and prioritised across all sprints.
- Maintain the quality and integrity of features within their technical and team boundaries, ensuring identification and contribution of risks and dependencies back to the Product Portfolio backlog
- Defines metrics to measure the success and performance of prioritised work, ensuring any further BAU iterations can be proposed and prioritised accordingly within the boundaries of available capacity.
- Captures additional BAU, Ceremony, and Spike activities, and incorporates into team backlogs, within the boundaries of available capacity.
- Participates in establishing and growing a community of Product Owners, building an identity for the role, focus upon collaboration, and identifying opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Prepare contribution to PI demo, in conjunction with other applicable Product Owners
- Attends and contributes to key Product Management meetings, in particular PI Planning.
- Responsible for the story content, acceptance criteria definition, and end story ‘sign off’ across team backlogs, ensuring prepared on time for future PI’s, refined frequently with the entire team, and prioritised accordingly in alignment with other team backlogs.
- Working with your team(s) to identify and capture team driven innovation ideas, consolidating across peer group for playback up to TPM (Technical Product Manager) community.
- Contribute to the Product Management Communities and their continual evolution to help drive efficient practices and empowered teams.y.
- Global Product (CSPO/SAFe/PSPO) trained and certified
- Appetite for building and identifying value, with a customer centric mind-set.
- Information Technology.Other : 5+ Years
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
- Whilst not essential, some experience of working within a Scaled Agile framework, across multiple initiatives and circa 50+ teams.
- Well-versed with the tools for the Product Management aspects of software delivery – Strong and concise communicator at peer, line, and stakeholder levels.
- 2+ years practical experience of working as a Product Owner/Manager, in a ‘team facing’ capacity, with proven record of driving discernible change and delivery, at pace.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and team members.
- Demonstrated technical or domain expertise, utilising a depth and breadth of knowledge and practical experience within the specific domain or technical area. Stays up to date with regulatory and other changes in the technical area, and understands how they apply to the Emirates group.
- Operations Research, Marketing science, Information Systems, e-Commerce or a combination of industry certification and 5+ years of relevant experience
Company: Emirates Airline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A