Website Emirates Group
This individual will be responsible for the overall commercial success of The Sevens Stadium, including the annual premier event the Emirates Dubai 7s/World Rugby Sevens Series festival. This includes the development of new business (sport & non/sport), generation of business case for investment to generate new revenue opportunities alongside the operational management and maintenance of the current facility.
- Manage the marketing and communications verticals within both the festival and The Sevens Stadium business. Developing the brand and derivative brands locally, regionally and internationally to drive footfall.
- Successfully produce and deliver stadium owned events and attract, retain and commercially leverage local community, international sports and recreational opportunities to the Stadium, in order to deliver ongoing growth of the facility and maximum exposure of the company and the brand. Develop and action sales and marketing campaigns to ensure that local, regional and international markets are targeted to achieve maximum brand exposure and awareness, while promoting the facilities as a significant, high standard world class sports and leisure complex.
- Utilise the facility and venue as an ‘gateway’ to revenue for the group. Building events & programming that utilise spend with the group such as hotels, logisitics, flights.
- In conjunction with company finance management, prepare, monitor and manage stadium and tournament budgets. Maintain effective control of revenue sources to ensure that revenue, profit, yield and facility use targets are achieved.
- Develop experiential strategy for fan engagement & experience at the Emirates Dubai 7s to enhance commercial success of the festival. This includes the continued development of music and experiences at the festival. This includes the negotiation and management of agencies and managers of international headliners in music for the festival.
- Develop and action sales and marketing campaigns to ensure that local, regional and international markets are targeted to achieve maximum brand exposure and awareness, while promoting the facilities as a significant, high standard world class sports and leisure complex.
- Overall responsibility for ideating and creating the festival footprint on annual basis including the operational site build for the Emirates Dubai 7s. Working with the Operations agency to ensure that it is delivered safely, on time. This includes but not limited too stadia, festival stages, F&B units, hospitality village and back of house. Working with police, security units and 3rd party stakeholders to ensure the safe delivery of the festival.
- Responsible for the development, negotiation, finalisation and facilitation of international sports and leisure event contracts with local and world wide governing bodies. This includes proposing, tender and successfully winning the rights to host commercially sound sporting and entertainment events.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the sports complex ensuring the Stadium operates on a sound commercial basis. Driving new local, regional and international business usage into the facility.
- Lead commercial negotiations with prospective partners, local and international stakeholders for continued commercial growth of the venue and festival. This includes in the digital space as the festival continues to develop it’s digital ticketing, mobile application and digital wallet functions.
- A good knowledge and understanding of rugby is essential as is the ability to engage and manage senior positioned stakeholders effectively, without compromising the Companies, the Stadium’s and/or the Tournaments business standards or position.
- Degree or Honours in Leisure, Events and/or Sports Management, or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have a proven commercial record of generating new business within a venue/facility, development of commercial opportunities and driving revenue for events by increasing ticket sales and secondary revenue at large scale festival/events.
- Experience in business and contract management to ensure good practice prevails and consideration is given to legal, financial, personnel, operational and practical aspects, when any activity is considered. Having worked in rugby is not a pre-requisite for the role.
- They will have strong ability to manage, develop and ‘sweat’ a P&L for the financial success of the festival and the wider Emirates group is considered vital.
- 10+ years experience.
Company: Emirates Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A