About the role Dyson software engineers are continually transforming the way our owners interact with their machines and releasing new features for the life of the product. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its connectivity takes cleaning into the connected home era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation. We are looking for Software Testers to ensure the Products software represent the Quality and Reliably of the Dyson brand, and can correctly respond to the owner’s control.
We work in a supportive environment where the team embraces new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across different platforms (Lighting, Environmental, Hair and Robotics). You must be aware of SW verification methodologies and techniques, ideally with a background in embedded products, comfortable with high-level design and discussions with Developers.
- Software Testing Wi-F/BLE controlled IOT Consumer Products, at component level, Product or with App
- Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around Hardware PCB or complete products
- Review Software Requirements or Use-Cases to build Tests in an SAFE Agile team
- Execute Automated Tests per Agile Sprint or Software Release, reporting Results with TestRail
- Build Automated systems to support continuous CI testing and analysis with nightly builds
- Automate Software Testing using Python in a Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino environment
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Experience in Python/Perl/Gherkin/Behave, or basic C++/C
- Awareness of Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar hardware for controlling SPI/GPIO, Serial
- Test Management Systems, Jira, Confluence, Stash, Git, Bamboo
- Providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability Benefits 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays Pension scheme Performance related bonus Private medical insurance Life assurance Sport centre Free on-site parking Subsidised café and restaurants Discounts on Dyson machines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malmesbury, England
Application Deadline: N/A