Website Dubai Metro
Acquiring new business is essential to Serco’s success, and as such, this role provides procurement support to strategically important bids across Serco’s Middle East Division. In addition, this role is expected to leverage the capabilities of the supply chain to contribute to the improvement of these propositions by codifying and capturing the knowledge developed on bids in such a way that it can be reused for future bids.
- Ensures bid alignment with Serco’s evolving procurement category strategies.
- Responsible within a bid team for interpreting and helping facilitate the thinking around client requirements, assisting estimators with estimating the volumes and benchmarking the price of outsource service lines; assisting solutions developers in clarifying client requirements into specifications for suppliers; obtaining & negotiating suppliers’ commercial proposals whilst managing contractual risks; and delivering to client timescales.
- Provides procurement support to specific bids in line with the SMS (Serco Management System) and Serco’s Bid Methodology. Provides the key interface between a specific Bid Team and the relevant Category team within Global Procurement.
- Where appropriate, and with legal support, manages the offsetting of customer-imposed risks by flowing-down terms to suppliers through the development of appropriate contractual agreements.
- Ability to manage the ambiguities that are often a feature of bids and to differentiate between the “vital few” and the “trivial many” issues and act accordingly.
- Ability to communicate in the spoken and written Arabic will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement preferably in the Facilities Management sector.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree or post-graduate qualification (e.g. MSc/MBA) or a professional qualification such as MCIPS.
- Ability to engage credibly with senior stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across a complex matrix organisation.
- Experience of working in Procurement in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is preferable.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A