Website Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
FBI Special Agents apply their professional experience and unique skill sets to their work every day. Because technology permeates every aspect of what we do, our Agents also come from all IT backgrounds: network information, cybersecurity, computer science, digital forensics and other technical specialties. We need professionals experienced in network security, computer science and software engineering to prevent cybercrimes, data theft, ransomware and other attacks to our national security.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in computer science, engineering, data science, information technology or similar disciplines) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A