Jacobs is seeking a Technical Manual Writer to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
- Maintains revision controls, works with databases and digital libraries, and manages multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Coordinates review, publication, and delivery of artifacts.
- Works closely with a variety of technical subject matter experts and works to translate requirements into easy-to-understand procedures and processes. Self-sufficient ownership of work and interaction with multiple design teams/engineers is required to secure content necessary for content creation/revision.
- Participation in planning and design of artifacts (both internal and CDRL based; templates and content). This may include the creation of procedures based on standardized templates and the conversion of legacy documentation into current standardized templates.
- Attends and participates in large-scale Agile planning events.
- Supports standard Agile ritual meetings (sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives) as necessary.
- Preparation, coordination and consolidation of documentation artifacts IAW DoD/DID standards and/or corporate templates and requirements for a review. This will primarily include software user manuals, maintenance manuals, security guides, work instructions, CDRL requirements, and meeting minutes.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information for the greatest reader comprehension.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills paired with a willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills.
- Experience working on government documentation including software user manuals, and CRDL deliveries.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must understand grammatical conventions and write in a clear and fluent manner. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to check technical material for consistency and accuracy.
- Experience in production and delivery of documents and artifacts IAW DoD/DID standards and/or corporate templates and requirements.
- Experience with the ETIMS TO system.
- Fluency in common technical and office software such as Word, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, SharePoint, and FrameMaker.
- Adept at coordination and integration of content from various stakeholders.
- Must have strong time management skills, be highly self-motivated, and be able to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A