The CSIR has three vacancies for a Project Coordinator in the Strategic Infrastructure Management (SIM) programme within the FBI impact group of the Smart Places cluster. The purpose of this position is to apply project management principles in support of project management functions such as coordinating the planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects so as to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects to achieve programme goals. This position is based in Pretoria.
A key function of the SIM Programme is to mainly provide decision making and implementation support to departments/clients in the infrastructure and service delivery domain in order to improve the efficiency, capability and effectiveness of their infrastructure and operations.
- Carry out relevant research, development and innovation of offerings as when required.
- Support with the development and implementation of processes and systems for the efficient management of relevant work;
- Support in the monitoring the quality of relevant work;
- Support with procurement activities;
- Assist with all governance related matters;
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Programme Manager and/or relevant Technical Domain Managers with project management related work in the form of initiation, preparation, planning, execution, control and close-out of Infrastructure management related work, including managing the financial aspects and interface with other internal/external professional services;
- Play a supporting role in the preparation of technical proposals as appropriate (inclusive of financial component);
- Coordinate key project matters with all stakeholders;
- Assist with the financial management of the project as required;
- Identify risks and mitigating actions;
- Assist in the preparation of relevant reports;
- Numerical and financial acumen skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder-liaison skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Experience in using Microsoft Projects or similar software;
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel);
- Understanding of provincial and local government operations and municipal processes will be an added advantage;
- Understanding of feasibility, design and construction work will be an added advantage;
- Willingness to travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree related to the built environment (Engineering/ Town Planning/ etc.);
- Three years’ experience in the project management environment coordinating multiple projects;
- Knowledge of GRAP, PFMA, MFMA, PPPFA;
- Experience in Water and Sanitation or Town planning will be an added advantage;
- Attention to detail, initiative and self-motivated;
- Extensive report writing skills and strong work ethics;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A