The CSIR has a vacancy for a Group Assistant in the Data Intensive Research Initiative of South Africa (DIRISA) portfolio of the National Integrated Cyberinfrastructure System (NICIS), which is a hosted programme within the Smart Society Division. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Coordinate and report on staff daily check in’s, office space availability and planned leave.
- Printing room coordination: Printing and Binding, meter readings & management of supplies.
- Building access control and keys.
- Control and coordinate office inventory budget and procurement processes by restocking supplies (Stationery/ Consumables etc ) and placing purchase orders.
- Environmental Health and Safety participation, support and administration.
- Coordinate and update project files and client requestions register.
- Coordinate vehicles, vehicle bookings and maintenance schedules.
- Log Calls on behalf of team for maintenance and IT related problems.
- Assist Project Managers with administration activities.
- Coordinate national and International travel arrangements (Flights, Accommodation, Car Rentals, Visa Requirements etc) as and when requested. Provide travel itineraries accordingly. Travel return administration, approvals and routing.
- Accurate typing and editing of documents for general correspondence purposes.
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors.
- Control and assistance with audits of secure storage media.
- Provide support to meetings like making coffee / tea, arrange catering, booking, and preparing of conference rooms.
- Manage conference room bookings for DIRISA.
- Maintain up-to-date records of queries and direct accordingly for problem solving.
- Maintain updated contact list.
- Excellent organising skills.
- People Skills.
- Ability to always maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- High level of professionalism.
- Advanced internet search engine skills (Google, internet explorer, etc).
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- A National diploma in business administration or equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification, with at least two years’ experience as a secretary or
- Personal Assistance to a Manager with a team dynamic;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office Suite and Open Office.
- Ability to multi-task and work towards multiple deadlines.
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report / certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A