Website Healthcare Services Group, Inc
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring a Light Housekeeper in your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we’d love to have you on our team!
- The light housekeeper is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- The light housekeeper performs a variety of tasks, such as dust mopping and damp mopping floors in all areas including entry ways, corridors, etc. Is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms including sinks, tubs, floors and commodes.
- Is responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of patient room furniture, as well as sitting room and dining room furniture.
- Removes and disposes of trash and relieves laundry staff as needed, and performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Represents HCSG in a positive manner; is able to follow oral instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers and client staff
- Interacts appropriately with residents, client, other personnel, supervisor and the public.
- Responds to customer preferences, complies with industry and federal and state guidelines, and meets the needs of residents.
- Must respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Follows infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is maintained at all times.
- Follow proper reporting, isolation and handwashing procedures/techniques.
- The light housekeeper consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to cooperate with co-workers, residents, and facility staff.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- After the training period is completed, must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all in-services.
- Must be able to be at work as schedule on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A