The Counsel is an intermediate position responsible for managing a variety of day-to-day legal activities in coordination with the Legal team. The overall objective of this role is to provide legal support, advice and guidance across a broad range of practice areas.
- Work independently to provide legal advice in one area within a product or country or for an area of legal expertise (Litigation, Regulatory, HR, IP, Employment, etc.)
- Analyze documentation against regulatory requirements and internal policies to advise business accordingly
- Resolve problems, escalating to senior staff as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A