Website Canada Post / Postes Canada
The Assistant to General Manager is responsible for providing top-notch administrative support to Executives.
- Drafts letters, briefs, reports, minutes of meetings and other similar documents from rough notes, prepared copy and drafts.
- Drafts and signs replies to requests of a general (not technical) nature, acknowledgements, and interim replies. Prepares drafts of letters for the general manager’s signature, or compiles and/or summarizes information to facilitate drafting of replies.
- Sorts, reads, and prioritizes the general manager’s mail. Plans the general manager’s schedule/time (business engagements, appointments, meetings), and provides and/or obtains all relevant documents required for travel and meetings.
- Prepares, drafts, researches, and files various reports every week. Provides analyses and recommendations, if applicable, for important and/or current issues.
- Performs other related duties. In particular, manages petty cash, maintains a well ordered filing system, checks the computerized budget reports (GL) monthly, makes travel arrangements, prepares expense claims, orders office supplies, and organizes conference calls and breakfast, lunch or dinner meetings.
- Coordinates all priority actions and ensures follow-up by responding promptly and efficiently to requests for information from senior managers, external managers or functional heads.
- Acts as a liaison officer, between the general manager’s office and senior management and executives, by providing information on the progress of current projects or issues.
- Possess excellent time management skills and sound judgement and decision making abilities.
- Ability to analyze and review financial reports an asset.
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Completion of post-secondary (College/University) courses may be required e.g. a diploma in Office Administration.
- 3 or more years’ experience as an executive assistant in an administrative role.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft programs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with a customer-focused outlook.
- Ability to influence others and communicate effectively.
Company: Canada Post / Postes Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A